1. To withdraw one’s support or help from, especially in spite of duty, allegiance, or responsibility; desert
2. To give up by leaving or ceasing to operate or inhabit, mainly as a result of danger or other impending threat
In your own words, what do you think are “the politics of abandonment”?
Necropolis: The Bronx and the Politics of Abandonment “Bad Numbers”
1. Answer the following question: If you were going to write about your community, what positive and negative things would you mention?
2. Share your answer with a partner.
3. Share with the group what you learned from your partner.